Friday, June 18, 2010

Announcement - Chat Queries


More Mirror uploads requested.
Reason: I don't do this because this is how I control traffic to my site. If I was to post mirrors on hosts where you could just take loads of content off this site within a day, are you likely to come back tomorrow knowing you got everything to date? Highly unlikely, this is how I retain visitors here by controlling the amount of download they do per day unless you're a premium account holder of hotfile. This way, it makes a user down some today, and come back tomorrow and down some more.

Why hotfile?
Hotfile allows FTP uploads, if you don't know what that is, google is your best friend. FTP allows transfers via FTP unlike rapidshare, megaupload and a few other big ones. These hosts don't support FTP uploads because they have their own uploading softwares like mega manager for megaupload, rapidshare has its own, mediafire don't support FTP, Their upload softwares offer slower uploading speeds than browser uploading speeds - I've tested all of them out. Multiupload is the best solution to mirror, problem is I can't hook up my accounts to it so that all the downloads from different mirrors are counted regardless of what host you used to down the files. Popular hosts such as rapidshare allows remote uploads, however at the moment I can't do this because you need a be a premium member to use this service. 

Another reason why FTP is great, FTP uploading rates are 2x - 7x faster than upping via a internet browser. Try it for yourself if you havent already done so. You'd be amazed, no more slow uploading speeds. Good piece of software to have. If you want a free edition, I recommnend Filezilla, I'm an ex user of that one so from experience, I can say that - filezilla is user friendly, very easy to get the hang of and operate it. If you want a more complicated solution as I now have, try FlashFXP. Downside to that one is that it costs money.

Music or Movies..
I wish to continue with both because my movie downloads are worth far more to me compared to music downloads just because of their sheer size. Therefore, I can't abandon it completely but I'll make sure from now on, the percentage of music share is higher than that of movie shares.

If you have more questions or queries, leave them in chat, I will answer them like this and I hope these answers will help you understand why I do things the way I do.

Hope you all understand. Thanks for reading this update.

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

None of the file content of this website is hosted on our servers. Unless otherwise stated, all file content is uploaded by and hosted on the servers of third parties, so called file sharing websites, such as, but not limited to rapidshare, hotfile, megaupload, mediafire and others. In case of copyright infringement or any other issue, please directly contact the responsible parties.

http://dj-wat.blogspot.com operates under the law, functioning as an index and database of music content found publicly on the internet, in principle conductiong in the same way as google. However, http://dj-wat.blogspot.com does not accept responsibility for content hosted on third party websites. The files are streamed directly and downloaded from third-party sharing servicesmentioned above.

If for some reason you find your content here and wish to get it removed, contact the admin team. Our goal is only to promote good music of different sorts. In doing so, everything shared here is limited to promotional purposes only and is not for sharing. Users must delete all the content downloaded off this site within 24 hours of download. We will not be responsible for user’s behaviour if they decide to disobey all the terms of use stated here.

 
Powered by Blogger